Wednesday, August 17, 2011

ET phone girlfriend

Best Blogger Tips

Just a few days ago a man comes into our office for an interview. I'm done judging people by the cleanliness of their hands or clothes because in general, it's not good. So by personality standards, I was excited to sit down with this guy and hear what he had to say!

We are full into the interview, he has me laughing while still remaining fairly professional and courteous, all in all, it's going very well. THEN... his phone rings, not just just that but I kid you not his ringtone was "Bootylicious." Gross. He pulls his phone out of his front shirt pocket, checks to see whos calling and says "well she's going to have to wait." Good boy, I mean I would have preffered you leave your phone in the car, or just silence it and continue, but nobodies perfect right? So we begin our interview again and not more then 30 seconds later his phone rings once again. Does he silence it this time? No. He sticks his pointer finger right in my face and says "I'm going to have to answer this."

Him: "Hello?"
Lady (I'm presuming is his girlfriend): "Hi honey, hows the interview going?"
Him: "Well it's not over yet!"
Lady: "Well is it looking good so far?"
Him: "Yeah it's looking really good, I think this lady (the lady being me) really likes me." I'd say "liked" at this point... don't you think this could have waited you insensitive time wasting douchebag. He then continues to talk to her for about 5 minutes about every single thing word-for-word we'd talked about in the interview... a phonecall that easily could have happened after our interview seeing as we weren't even close to done. Well, let me rephrase that, we wouldn't have been close to done.

He hangs up the phone and at this point I stand up, reach to shake his hand, and thank him for coming in. He replies, "So, did I get the job?"

No comments:

Post a Comment