Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Please review my resume for consideration?

Best Blogger Tips

It's pretty amazing how the wrong punctuation and spelling can change an extremely well thought out cover letter into an email that we pass around the office to laugh at and then it ends up hanging out with the other idiots in the trash can.

Now if you are a grammar nazi, or just have a brain, you'll have noticed that my grammar in this blog is FAR from perfect. The difference is, I'm not looking to get a job out of it. If you don't like my grammar... blow me (is that grammatically correct enough for you?). However, what I have to say to the resume submitters - a mistake or two in your cover letter MATTERS big time! So just like they told you in elementary school: proofread, proofread and then proofread again!!!!!

Here are some resume submission examples that I got a kick out of and saved over the past couple weeks:

  • I am looking for a "job." - Are you looking for a job, or does "job" stand for something?
  • I am looking for any opportunity on 3rd shit. - Isn't that a little biased against shit one and shit two?
  • I am looking for a job within XYZ County (privacy, duh), I need to stay local because I use pubic transportation - Do you rely on the mustache ride?
  • I am a very fat typer - I don't discriminate, but are you a fast typer too?
  • You will not be disappointed in me, I am butter then the other candidates. - I prefer margarine.. sorry. 
  • I excel in courting, numbers, and anything math related - Courting? Are you trying to woo me?
  • Thank you for your consideration? - Are you not sure about thanking me yet?
So again remember, proofread?

1 comment:

  1. Ye little bit mistakes people used to do when making resume. I like your post Please review my resume for consideration very much. Keep sharing informative posts in future too.

    ReplyDelete