Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Like word dawg

Best Blogger Tips

We have a lot of wicked stupid slang, and to be honest I'm a habitual user of most of it. However there's one bit of slang that just makes me want to round house kick whoever uses it in the mouth for being the armpit of Webster, that word is: legit. Now does anyone actually know the real definition of this word? Don't fear, I'm here to educate:


le·git 

Adjective/liˈjit/
1. Legitimate; legal; conforming to the rules.
2. (of a person) Not engaging in illegal activity or attempting to deceive; honest.


The word legit I've seen/heard used in some ass-backwards nitwitty ways but the most idiotic gem of the word came in the form of an email this morning for someone sending me their resume:

"Legit, I am really legitimately interested in this job."

First of all- Seriously, in your cover letter?! Secondly - idiot.


No comments:

Post a Comment