Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The truth of the tooth

Best Blogger Tips

Many of you have heard this story, as it happened in my very first few weeks with my company and I've shared it with just about anyone that will listen. For those of you who haven't, you're in for a treat.

A gentleman (or something) walks into my office covered in pure filth looking like a caveman right out of a Geico commercial. He's holding his hands out to his sides as if he knows he's so grimy that he doesn't even want to touch himself, afraid of what diseases he might catch. However, surprisingly the first thing you notice about this man is not his filth, but it's his mouth. His teeth, or what is left of them, are there rotting right in front of me, so brown that I think maybe he's so dirty because he was eating a pile of dirt right before seeing me.

Man: "I'm looking for a job because I really need dental insurance."
Me: Well that's obvious: "Please, take a seat."

He leans over my desk as he's sitting down and what happens next?! His TOOTH falls right out and lands right in front of him! I don't mean a piece of his tooth, I mean root and all. Just a dead decaying tooth laying right there on my desk!

He looks at me in what looked like painful shock, scoops up the tooth and slides it in his pocket (yeah you better save that buddy), takes my Clorox wipes, gives my desk a good once over and quietly walks out of my office.

A day in the life of HR... ahhh so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment